POGOB!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

First Ever Annual Settlers of Catan Tournament

So, I sent out an email about this a while ago. I'm planning to hold a Settlers of Catan tournament on the Weekend of October 20/21- most likely Sunday.

I'm thinking the format will be a guaranteed 3 games for each entrant, with a points system to determine who moves on(a certain amount of points for winning, bonus points for amount of points between first and second most victory points, and a certain amount of points for second place). This is how the World Boardgaming Championships and the Settlers of Catan World Championships are doing their thing.


Who's coming to play?

And more importantly, who'll help with the organizing(which doesn't preclude you from playing)? I don't think it'll be much work. Essentially, we need these things covered:

Design a logo for the club-

Design posters for the tournament- Jake

Put up posters around campus-

Go to game stores, ask for sponsorship, and put up posters there- Catrin

Sit at a table at Clubs' Fair(want to hit on first years, anyone?)-


So, essentially, I'm waiting for about 5 people to sign up for something in the comments box. I'm hoping to get an events grant, and I'm pretty good at fundraising, so I'm thinking this could be quite the fun day where some of you could walk home with some nice prizes. I just need a little help making it happen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

I think we should call it the Undisputed Settlers of Catan Championship of the Universe.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Also, in that awesome episode of Star Trek: the Next Generation where Captain Picard is taken over by a probe and made to live an entire adult life on a doomed planet as a means for the now-dead society to live on, the planet is called Kataan. Awesome, huh?

3:47 PM  
Blogger Catrin said...

Oh, I love that episode! It's the one where he has a wife and everything, and the reason he plays the flute, no?


Still, apparently no one wants to help me. It might not happen.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

Yep, that's the one.

I bet if you ask people in person (that is, if we ever get together for board games again), you'll have better luck.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home